10-11 November 2021 - Perth
Enhance decision-making, improve safety, optimise operations
The first annual Machine Learning in Mining conference will include deep-dive informative case studies from mining companies and METS, as well as technology keynotes and panel sessions.
The event will showcase how companies are deploying Machine Learning and AI models at scale, increasing productivity and enabling more efficient and environmentally sustainable outcomes.
This is a rare opportunity to discover how exciting new technologies can be applied - with a focus on implementation and lessons learned.
Attendees of the Machine Learning in Mining conference will:
- Learn how the leading mining companies are using machine learning , AI and advanced data analytics to solve business challenges in prediction, classification and optimisation
- Benefit from interactive discussions and the opportunity to problem-solve with fellow leaders and data scientists
- Learn best practices for developing data literacy and skills across operations
- Identify common pitfalls when scaling a machine learning practice in mining
- Automate model building to identify patterns in geological data
- Utilise machine learning to reduce downtime and costs through predictive maintenance
- Understand how to use deep neural networks for image recognition, NLP, and text-based sentiment analysis
- Take predictive analysis to the next level
- Learn from 30+ industry experts
Data Science Challenge
Have you been working on an interesting data science project that the industry should hear about?
Often the people doing the work don't get to speak at conferences, and we want to change that! We’re offering three people the opportunity to attend and speak at the conference on their data science project. Unearthed will support each speaker with free training and mentoring for their talk.
What do you need to know?
- Submit to talk about any data science related topic in the mining industry
- We encourage anyone involved in a data science project to apply, whatever your role
- Complete our online form letting us know what you’d like to speak about - https://unearthed.solutions/u/competitions/ml-mining-conference
- This opportunity is only open to those in, or able to travel to Perth, as part of the opportunity is meeting your fellow data science community members in person!
- It doesn’t matter how senior or junior you are, students are also encouraged to apply.
- Each speaker will have a 20 minute slot for their talk, followed by 10 mins of Q&A, facilitated by the Unearthed team.
- Applications close on 30th September - we’ll let you know if you’re successful by 7th October
- If you’re not sure if you need approval to share your project, please apply anyway and we’ll help you navigate through approvals!
Who Should Attend?
The conference is designed for Heads of:
- Data Science
- Digital Transformation
and anyone with responsibility for or interest in machine learning and AI in the mining sector.
Early Bird Registration Fees
Early Bird Pricing ends 30 September 2021
Live Streaming Only
All in-person registrations include access to the event for two days, all associated networking functions, morning & afternoon teas and lunches, as well as access to approved presentations post-event.
Live streaming registration is to view the event via live stream. No in-person attendance is included.